Every six months, you should receive a dental cleaning to keep your smile in good shape. If like many patients, you feel nervous about having a dental checkup, our team is happy to describe the process of a dental cleaning and what to expect during your visit.
1. Dental X-Rays: After you are seated in a comfortable dental chair in one of our exam rooms, our team may provide dental X-rays of your full smile, including the teeth, tooth roots and underlying bone to determine the status of your oral health and whether restorative dental care is needed.
2. Deep cleaning: A special tool is used by our team to clean your teeth of any plaque to keep your smile safe from tooth decay, gum disease and other oral health problems.
3. Polishing: When we polish your teeth, they may feel gritty for a little while, but you can rinse your smile throughout the dental checkup process.
4. Flossing: When food is trapped around your teeth or an orthodontic appliance such as braces or a permanent retainer, it can put you at risk of dental issues unless our team completely flosses away the particles.
5. Fluoride treatment: Our dentist can help you determine if fluoride treatment is ideal for weakened tooth enamel. This treatment is applied to your teeth as a foam, gel or varnish that penetrates the tooth enamel to provide important minerals for the teeth.
Family Dental Associates is pleased to offer important professional dental cleanings in Greenwood, Mississippi, and we invite you to contact Drs. Hodges and Whites at 662-453-5536 if you are due for your next checkup.