What are you doing to improve your oral health? Are you doing enough? Every single day, most of us wake up and brush our teeth. Sadly, this is not a catch-all for perfect oral hygiene, and there are many more things throughout our day we can do to improve our teeth and gums. Take the following test, to gage your current oral fitness:
– Do you limit intake of bread, cereal, and chips, which speed up plaque formation?
– Do you use an oral cleaning product after eating, to limit the damage of harmful acids?
– Do you brush your tongue, along with your teeth, to help prevent bad breath?
– Do you brush, floss, and use mouthwash daily?
– Do you avoid chewing tobacco and smoking?
– Do you limit between-meal snacks, which can increase tooth decay?
– Do you eat nutritious and well-balanced meals from the five main food groups?
– Do you get regular check-ups at your dental office?
– Do you drink plenty of water, which can help with tooth decay?
– Do you avoid recreational drugs, which cause mouth dryness and promote tooth decay?
If you answered yes to 1 to 4 questions, your oral health is poor, and needs improvement.
If you answered yes to 5 to 9 questions, your oral health is ok, but needs improvement.
If you answered yes to all 10 questions, your oral health is great, keep up the good work!
For more great ideas to keep your excellent smile lasting as long as you do, please call Family Dental Associates at 662-453-5536 to talk to a member of our team. Call us, or stop by our office in Greenwood, Mississippi, and let us help you achieve a healthy smile.