There are many advantages to flossing that can improve your oral health. In fact, flossing can help prevent cavities and gum disease from destroying your teeth and oral health. Flossing is often skipped by many people, which can lead to many oral health problems if you neglect this step in your oral hygiene routine.
Our dentist, Dr. Adam Hodges, is happy to help you understand the importance of flossing. Our team at Family Dental Associates in Greenwood, Mississippi, takes your oral health seriously, which is why we are happy to share some advantages with you about flossing.
Regular flossing can:
– help ward off gum disease from the bacteria around your teeth leaking into your gums and gumline.
– grasp any food-particles and debris wedged between your teeth that your toothbrush can’t reach.
– clear away remaining plaque and bacteria from between your teeth and deep along your gumline that your toothbrush can’t have access too.
– help your teeth stay healthy and strong and clear of cavities that could develop between your teeth.
– clear lingering bacteria that could be triggering lousy breath left behind by your toothbrush.
As you can see, flossing is an important step that should be done each day. If you have any cavities, or if you need help with your oral health, please call us today at 662-453-5536 to make an appointment. Our friendly dental team is happy to take your call and lead you on a path of oral health success.